Thursday, January 30, 2014

Portraiture 2




In my second portrait set, I decided to create a central focus. Through using certain continuities such as the subject, color choice, setting, and visual clues, I aim to present a theme of struggle or hardship.
Color choice was critical in composition. I applied a cooling filter to every image to suppress vibrant tones which would draw away from theme. I decided to refrain from full black and white because I feel that the middle ground between color and monochrome is drearier than full desaturation, which has become "trendy". All three are organized using DOF to connect the subject to important visual cues, especially in the second image where I used a Tilt-Shift blur to create a line of focus from subject to flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment