Thursday, March 27, 2014

Space Tutorial

This week I've been working through a tutorial on how to create a Sci-Fi laser beam. Most of the tutorial was fairly elementary with the exception of a section on Selective Color, an adjustment layer I've never worked with prior to this tutorial. Organizationally, I generally followed the tutorial's, mainly because I liked it. I tried to incorporate and focus on negative space in this piece with heavy black corners and a narrow subject. Color became important as well even though I only used one color. This was intentional in that the "main beam", the hard line upon which the piece is composed, stands out the most with the strong white highlight and electric hue.

Tutorial: http://www.psdvault.com/abstracts/abstract-sci-fi-style-line-effect-creation-in-photoshop/

No comments:

Post a Comment